- This event has passed.
Culturally Responsive Therapy: How to Apply Anti-Racist Values in Session
April 22, 2022 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm PDT
About this event
- Describe definitions of race, racism and anti-racism that are associated with being a therapist that embodies anti-racist values.
- Employ the clinical skills pertaining to developing a rapport, completing an assessment and treatment planning that are unique to the needs of treating African American/Black clients.
- Describe how social and cultural identities, specifically race, affect the therapeutic relationship and process.
- Compose culturally sensitive questions, in support of developing culturally responsive treatment plans.
- Define cultural humility and its relationship to dismantling the power dynamic that exists between therapist and client.
- Implement anti-racist values outside of the therapy room, into their professional and personal life.