- This event has passed.
GSAPS Psychedelic Book Club 2023 – Read One Psychedelic Book Each Month in 2023 Reading Challenge!
February 17 @ 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm PST
Welcome to the GSAPS Psychedelic Book Club 2023!
Please join us on Friday, January 20th, 2023, from 5pm-6:30pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) | 8pm – 9:30pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) for our first book club meeting of the year.
THIS IS A VIRTUAL MEETING – DETAILS ARE LOCATED IN THE BOOK CLUB GROUP.
Can You Pass the
ACID READING Test?
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to read one psychedelic book monthly with us every month throughout 2023.
- Jay, Mike. Mescaline: a global history of the first psychedelic. Yale University Press, 2019. (Amazon) (Audible)
- Hatsis, Thomas. LSD—The Wonder Child: The Golden Age of Psychedelic Research in the 1950s. Simon and Schuster, 2021. (Amazon) (Audible)
- Minutaglio, Bill, and Steven L. Davis. The Most Dangerous Man in America: Timothy Leary, Richard Nixon and the Hunt for the Fugitive King of LSD. Twelve, 2018. (Amazon) (Audible)
- Grey, Allyson. Psychedelic Mysteries of the Feminine: Creativity, Ecstasy, and Healing. Simon and Schuster, 2019. (Amazon) (Audible)
- McKenna, Terence. True Hallucinations: Being an Account of the Author’s Extraordinary Adventures in the Devil’s Paradise. Harper Collins, 1994. (Amazon) (Audible)
- Davis, Erik. High weirdness: Drugs, esoterica, and visionary experience in the seventies. MIT Press, 2019. (Amazon) (Audible)
- Hatsis, Thomas. The Witches’ Ointment: The Secret History of Psychedelic Magic. Simon and Schuster, 2015. (Amazon) (Audible)
- Holland, Julie. Good chemistry: the science of connection, from soul to psychedelics. HarperCollins, 2020 (Amazon) (Audible)
- Muraresku, Brian C. The Immortality Key: The Secret History of the Religion with No Name. St. Martin’s Press, 2020. (Amazon) (Audible)
- Leary, Timothy, Richard Alpert, and Ralph Metzner. The psychedelic experience: A manual based on the Tibetan book of the dead. Citadel, 2022. (Amazon) (Audible)
- Shulgin, Alexander Theodore, and Ann Shulgin. PIHKAL: a chemical love story. Berkeley: Transform Press, 1995. (Amazon) (Audible)